La Folia is committed to protecting your personal information. We provide this privacy notice to help you understand how we collect and handle your personal data. La Folia promises to respect any personal data you share with us and to keep it safe, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact Cesca Eaton at email@example.com
What information we collect and why
The personal information we collect, and how we use it, will depend on your engagement with us but may include your name and contact details (e.g. telephone number, email and postal addresses). We require your personal information in the following circumstances:
- if we are providing you with a service or information;
- if we are contacting you about our fundraising activities;
- if we are sending you our newsletter or event notifications;
- in the context of offering employment or volunteering opportunities; or
- if we are entering into a contract with you.
How we collect the information
We collect information from you when you:
- Enquire about our activities
- Register to attend a La Folia concert, workshop or event
- Register with us or subscribe to our newsletter and event notifications
- Donate to, or fundraise for, La Folia
- Receive a service from La Folia
- Engage with us via social media
- Submit an application for a job or volunteering opportunity
How we use the information
We may use your information to:
- Provide you with the service, advice or information you have asked for
- Keep a record of your relationship with us; keep your information up-to-date and accurate and to ensure we comply with your communication preferences (in accordance with GDPR 2018)
- Administer your donation, support your fundraising, process Gift Aid
- La Folia may be required to share information in specific cases where we are providing a direct service/contract; or where we are required by law or regulations. In such cases personal information would be passed on in accordance with the data protection legislation
- Where we engage a third party to deliver a service on our behalf, only required data will be shared. This will be in line with data protection legislation
- Where you have given your explicit consent for the use of your personal data to help further our campaigning or fundraising work or in specific documents. Where we undertake this activity, the data is anonymised unless and except where we have advised and confirmed this with you in advance
- In circumstances other than those noted above, La Folia will not share your information with any other organisation for marketing, market research, fundraising or commercial purposes.
You have a right to:
- Request to see the personal information we hold about you, as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we obtained the information from. In such cases we may require proof of identity before we provide you with this information
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected
- Change your ‘opt-in’/communication preferences and unsubscribe from email communications.
- Withdraw consent and request that your details be removed from our database, or otherwise erased or destroyed.
Email or write to the contact addresses given below.
If you feel that any data we hold, handle or use is causing damage or distress or if you have any other complaints, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify the situation.
If you are unhappy with how we have handled your information you can contact the ICO.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was approved 11 January 2022. It will be reviewed annually thereafter or more frequently if appropriate. Any changes will be incorporated into an updated version of this document on the website and if the changes are significant, we will provide a prominent notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or any other data protection queries, or would like to make a request to receive a copy of your personal information held by us, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.